ech534 | Graduate
Methods Of Teaching In Early Childhood: Social Studies
topic title goes here
Integrating Technology in Early Childhood Social Studies Education
- Identify social studies Web sites appropriate for the teacher, the young child, and the family.
- Examine the appropriate use of technology for teaching social studies in early childhood.
- Examine ways to integrate technology in the early childhood social studies curriculum.
- Analyze criteria for the selection of developmentally effective media and technology.
Assessment in Early Childhood Education
- Examine a variety of developmentally effective formal and informal early childhood assessment strategies.
- Design developmentally effective social studies assessment tools.
- Analyze results of early childhood assessments to plan for individuals, groups, and diverse learners.
- Examine technology resources for effective assessment and evaluation strategies in the early childhood setting.
Early Childhood Social Studies Standards
- Identify the National Council for the Social Studies’ ten thematic standards.
- Examine the expectations of the National Association for the Education of Young Children for early childhood social studies education.
- Examine state social studies standards for early childhood.
- Analyze strategies to integrate the National Council for the Social Studies thematic standards in early childhood curriculum.
- Demonstrate pedagogical strategies that integrate national or state social studies standards across early childhood curriculum.
- Examine the National Council for the Social Studies five disciplinary standards.
- Examine significant theoretical perspectives in early childhood social studies instruction.
- Identify developmentally effective practices for teaching social studies concepts.
Early Childhood Instructional Methods and Strategies
- Describe effective instructional methods for teaching social studies in early childhood learning environments.
- Examine global connections and awareness in early childhood education.
- Design activities which reflect an understanding of and appreciation for multicultural perspectives in the early childhood learning environment.
- Develop differentiated instructional techniques to address special populations in early childhood social studies instruction.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.