ecn522 | Graduate
Foundations Of School Counseling, Part 1
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
School Counseling Trends
- Identify major trends in school counseling.
- Predict the impact these trends will have on school counseling in the future.
School Counselor Roles and Competencies
- Analyze the various roles and competencies of the counselor in elementary, middle school or junior high, and high school settings.
- Examine the leadership responsibilities of the counselor in enhancing the learning environment.
- Identify strategies needed by a counselor to respond to a crisis situation.
Essential Counseling Services: Counseling, Consulting, Coordinating, and Collaborating
- Examine the relationship of the school counseling program to the academic and student services programs in the school.
- Identify the counseling services that are essential to successful, comprehensive counseling programs in schools.
- Utilize consultation and collaboration processes in the school setting.
Diversity and Community Awareness
- Examine the impact of social, cultural, environmental, and personal dynamics on counseling services.
- Analyze community, environmental, and institutional opportunities that maximize student success and development.
- Identify potential community, environmental, and institutional barriers that inhibit student success and development.
Ethical and Legal Issues in School Counseling
- Apply ethical standards to realistic situations in school counseling.
- Examine pertinent laws that impact the practice of counseling in schools.
Technology in School Settings
- Examine the role of current and emerging technology in school counseling.
Historical and Philosophical Foundations of School Counseling
- Examine the historical development of counseling and guidance services in American education during the past century.
- Identify important historical trends or events that have had a significant impact in shaping counseling and guidance services in today's schools.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.