ecn523 | Graduate
Foundations Of School Counseling Part II
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Identify strategies for managing personal stress as a school counselor.
- Determine the importance of developing and maintaining a professional stance in the comprehensive school counseling area.
Key Components of a Comprehensive School Counseling Program
- Examine the components of a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Analyze the processes of designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Identify the roles of various school personnel in a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Examine theoretical foundations and student competencies that apply to a comprehensive school counseling program.
Delivering Developmental Guidance Curriculum
- Examine the scope and responsibility of the school counselor in developing a school guidance curriculum.
- Examine the process of planning, developing, and delivering school guidance curriculum in the classroom setting.
Educational and Career Planning
- Explore current trends in educational and career planning interventions in schools.
- Identify developmental approaches to assist all students and parents at points of educational transition.
- Examine strategies for building constructive partnerships with parents, guardians, families, and communities in order to promote each student’s academic, career, and personal/social success.
- Identify approaches to recognizing and assisting children and adolescents who are affected by substance abuse.
- Identify the system support elements in a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Examine approaches to peer facilitation, including peer helper, peer tutor, and peer mediation program.
- Identify mental and emotional issues or disorders that affect the development and functioning of students.
- Examine individual and small-group counseling approaches that promote school success through academic, career, and personal/social development.
- Explore interventions that utilize expressive arts as a vehicle for students to resolve personal issues and set goals.
- Acquire a basic understanding of the role and function of other mental health professionals in schools and in the community.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.