ecogm561 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Money, Creation & Control, and Monetary Policy
- Evaluate a central bank’s monetary policy in stabilizing a domestic economy and its impact on other countries.
- Analyze the impact of one country’s macroeconomic policies, including trade, capital, and exchange rate policies, on the flow of goods, services and capital of other countries in its region.
- Define the concept of money.
- Explain how banks create checkable deposits by issuing loans.
The Basic Concepts for Economic Reasoning
- Explain basic concepts of economics, such as scarce resources, choices among alternatives, and rational behavior.
- Explain the economizing problem and the models used in economics.
- Analyze how the laws of supply and demand determine equilibrium price and quantity in global markets.
- Apply the concepts of elasticity in business decision-making.
- Analyze the role of U.S. in a global economy.
Cost Concepts & Profit Maximization
- Analyze different costs of production in a firm.
- Explain profit maximization principles in a purely competitive market.
- Apply incremental cost and contribution analysis to make a business decision.
Market Structure & Strategic Choice
- Differentiate among the pure competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly market models in a global environment.
- Describe pricing and nonpricing strategies in monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly market models.
- Analyze the relationship among technology advancement, research & development, economic efficiency, and market structure.
- Analyze the efficiency of commercial policies used to protect national industries.
Business Beyond National Borders
- Explain the concept of comparative advantage and its recommendation for specialization.
- Explain how countries choose industries in which they have comparative advantage.
- Analyze barriers to free trade and the reasons countries impose them.
- Analyze how the foreign exchange market works and how exchange-rate risk is managed.
Macroeconomic Measurement & Basic Concepts
- Explain the concepts and measurement of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) applied across countries.
- Analyze the trend and cycles of GDP growth and how the business cycles in one country are linked to business cycles in other countries.
- Analyze the causes and remedies of unemployment and inflation in a global environment.
- Analyze the basic macroeconomic relationships in an open economy.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.