ecohc561 | Graduate
Economics In Health Care
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to Health Care Economics
- Explain how scarcity forces choice among resource alternatives.
- Describe key economic dimensions of health care systems.
- Analyze how changes in supply and demand determine equilibrium price and quantity in health care.
- Apply the concept of elasticity for health care goods and services in pricing decisions.
Market Structure & Labor Market in Health Care
- Determine price and offerings based on market structures.
- Make service offerings decisions based on shortages and surpluses in the health care market.
- Explain how the labor market can determine wage and employment figures for health care professionals.
- Make pricing decisions within an organization that has market power.
Cost Concepts & Consumerism in Health Care
- Evaluate consumerism in current health care delivery.
- Analyze relationships between risk and return.
- Determine production levels utilizing the concept of economies of scale in health care.
- Explain the financing means and burdens of health care in the United States.
Macroeconomic Policy & its Implications to Health Care Providers
- Predict the effects of macroeconomic trends on organizations.
- Conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of health care services.
Technology, Health Care Insurance, & Reform
- Apply technological innovation in the health care setting.
- Explain how individuals decide to access health care.
- Explain influences on health care reform.
Global Economy Context: U.S. & International Health Care Markets
- Decide whether to recruit health care professionals from outside the United States.
- Compare international health care markets.
- Describe effects of international trade policies on health care services.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.