eda535 | Graduate
Business And Facilities Management
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
School Funding Formulas and Structures
- Examine the various state funding formulas, including their advantages and disadvantages.
- Analyze a state funding formula for a specific state.
- Explore federal programs and grants available to public schools and taxation issues.
Legal and Political Issues in School Funding
- Identify the positive and negative impact of technology on school funding.
- Analyze federal and state equity cases.
- Identify current and future politically charged issues that influence school funding.
Benefits of Funding
- Examine the return on educational investment, particularly with respect to student achievement and societal benefits.
- Analyze the relationship between funding equity and equal educational opportunities for students.
- Examine the impact of federal aid, implemented through education legislation, on current public school programs.
Facilities Planning and Management
- Analyze maintenance and operations of the school facility.
- Describe bonding and capital outlay procedures for various projects, including school construction.
- Analyze methods of purchasing and inventory control.
- Examine the various methods of funding capital outlay projects.
- Define risk management.
- Describe the process of planning, programming, and designing educational learning environments that adhere to equity, legal, and policy requirements.
- Examine tort liability issues in facilities planning and management.
- Practice student population forecasting.
School District Budgeting and Accounting Procedures
- Examine budget documents to differentiate between revenue and expenditure budgets.
- Examine school site budgeting preparation and distribution of funds to support student achievement.
- Utilize technology in the preparation of a budget for a facilities improvement plan.
- Identify the various components of a school district’s annual budget.
- Analyze the necessary steps and stakeholders involved in developing a school district’s annual budget.
- Identify the requirements for accounting, reporting, and auditing procedures related to school financial matters under state law.
Foundations of School Funding
- Analyze the changing demographics of America and the implications for educational funding.
- Examine the various sources of revenue available to support public education.
- Analyze the federal government’s role in public education as prescribed by the United
States Constitution, other federal legislation, and court decisions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.