eda545 | Graduate
School Law For Educators
topic title goes here
Students' Rights and Discipline
- Analyze the influence of federal and state court decisions on schools in relation to students' rights, due process, and discipline policies and procedures.
Sexual Harassment and Misconduct
- Examine the legal foundation of sexual harassment legislation.
- Illustrate staff and student examples and the ramifications of sexual harassment.
- Compare and contrast various procedures for dealing with sexual harassment complaints.
Attorney General's Opinions
- Analyze selected educational Attorney General's opinions and their impact on education.
Religion and Education
- Analyze the application of the First Amendment Establishment Clause on public education.
- Review related court decisions.
Equal Educational Opportunity
- Examine the current court decisions and their impact on equal educational opportunity.
- Evaluate educational malpractice cases.
- Describe the implications for minimum competence testing arising from these cases.
Mock Trial and Presentation
- All topics and objectives apply.
Governance of Education
- Examine the administrative structure of public education, including state and local level agencies, and the role of the school board.
Selected Provisions of the United States Constitution
- Analyze the impact in relation to current court decisions.
- Apply selected provisions of the United States Constitution to the educational setting.
State and Federal Court Systems
- Examine the framework of the state and federal court systems.
Legal Research Tools
- Define the primary and secondary resources available to research legal issues in education.
- Define tort liability.
- Examine areas of legal vulnerability in education.
Legal Status of Teachers
- Examine teachers' rights and how they have been impacted by current court decisions.
Special Education Laws
- Describe the history of special education legislation and litigation.
- Analyze the subsequent impact upon the school setting.
Landmark Court Cases
- Analyze selected landmark court cases and their impact on education.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.