eda550 | Graduate
Human Resources Management In Education
topic title goes here
Legal Implications for Human Resources Management
- Identify federal and state laws, statutes, and district policies that affect school personnel.
- Examine conditions of employment such as affirmative action, discrimination, contract management, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Examine due process.
Recruitment, Selection, and Retention of Qualified Personnel
- Explain the need for active teacher and staff recruitment.
- Describe the practices of an effective personnel recruitment process.
- Identify the key components of a personnel selection process.
- Assess the value of standardized techniques for assisting in employee selection and assessment.
- Examine the importance of staff recognition.
Interview Techniques for Personnel
- Examine the interview process.
- Compare and contrast effective and ineffective interviewing techniques.
- Identify methods for improving interviewing skills.
- Review questions for each specific job classification for both certified and classified personnel.
Strategies for Performance Assessment
- Identify strategies for assessment.
- Examine the importance of documentation.
- Analyze different personnel assessment instruments.
- Examine methods of documenting staff performance using a narrative format.
- Identify the type of problems that might arise from a narrative format.
- Describe the components of an effective formative observation and develop a corresponding summative evaluation.
Methods of Staff Development
- Examine methods of improving teaching through utilization of program resources/mentor teachers.
- Examine available materials on the training of substitutes, paraprofessionals, and support personnel.
- Distinguish between formative and summative evaluation and the role of staff development in these processes.
- Identify methods for developing and evaluating resources for staff training, professional development, and remediation.
Evaluating and Facilitating Positive Classroom/School Climate
- Analyze effective means to improve and maintain positive classroom and school climate.
- Summarize the climate factors in the classroom and in the school.
Present and Future Trends in Collective Bargaining and Negotiations
- Examine the role of collective bargaining, collaboration, and interest-based bargaining in public education.
- Identify various strategies utilized in negotiation.
Present and Future Human Resources Trends
- Identify the trends in human resources management and their implications for education.
Role of Human Resources Management in School Administration
- Analyze the role of human resources management at both the school and district level.
- Describe the significance of organizational culture in today's school structure and how it relates to the daily practices of human resources.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.