eda565ca | Graduate
School Improvement Processes
topic title goes here
Developing School Improvement Plans from a Principal Perspective
- Create a school improvement plan that includes the school community in inquiry, implementation, and reflection.
- Determine ways to capitalize on the diversity of the school community to improve school programs and meet the needs of diverse students.
- Propose possible partnerships that can be formed with parents, families, and the business community.
- Identify the steps and processes involved in developing and implementing a school improvement plan.
The Context for Accountability and School Improvement Plans
- Analyze changes in public policy and initiatives to increase accountability.
- Examine challenges to increased accountability.
- Research leadership theories related to educational accountability.
The School Improvement Process
- Examine the importance of inquiry for school improvement and the change process.
- Describe the model and the processes of continuous school improvement.
- Analyze the reciprocal relationships among curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Examine the use and management of technology in school improvement and its relationship to curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Critique current research on the uses of assessment and student achievement data to develop curriculum and to implement effective instruction for diverse learners.
Data-driven Decision Making
- Research the processes and challenges of group decision making.
- Identify types of data used for curricular and instructional decisions to ensure learning for all students.
- Examine societal, organizational, and individual variables that impact decision making.
- Analyze decision making models.
- Describe the types of assessments and assessment tools used in K-12 education.
- Compare and contrast the features, strengths, and limitations of formal and informal assessments.
- Interpret standardized test scores to communicate them to school stakeholders.
- Summarize information from formal and informal assessments to determine the levels of student achievement and to guide instruction.
- Explain how student achievement data and other information can be used to monitor the effectiveness of school practices and their impact on student learning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.