edd520 | Graduate
Critical Issues In Education
topic title goes here
Political Decisions and Their Impact on Schools
- Compare and contrast varying approaches to school choice.
- Analyze standards-based education for its implications in transforming schools.
- Examine the internal and external politics of a school district and the role of public relations, as well as how to effectively deal with the media.
- Evaluate legislative efforts to achieve equal access to school programs.
Current Issues and Innovations in Education
- Recommend the application of behaviorism or humanism as the basis of educational practice.
- Analyze the successes and/or failures of public schools.
- Examine changing demographics and the challenges they have presented to the educational system.
- Explore the issues and challenges present in urban school districts versus rural school districts.
- Analyze current issues and innovations in education for their implications on schooling.
Innovation and Change Management
- Compare different models for school restructuring.
- Analyze the process of implementing and managing change.
- Examine various models and strategies for data driven decision-making and its implications for change.
- Investigate innovative educational projects and initiatives.
- Analyze the characteristics of effective school teams.
- Identify the components of an educational program that would successfully meet the needs of a diverse society.
School Violence and Safety
- Compare and contrast the arguments surrounding the delivery of character education in the schools.
- Examine the roles of the home, school, and community in producing "moral" citizens.
- Examine the impact of the media on school violence.
- Analyze the political climate and legislation in relation to weapons and school violence.
- Compare and contrast various discipline models, consequences within the models, and the impact on school safety.
Impact of Technology on Learning
- Compare and contrast accessibility to technology at school, at home, and across district lines.
- Examine the ramifications of unequal access to technology.
- Examine technology as a catalyst for change in teaching, learning, and school structure.
- Analyze how technology can be applied to individual learning styles.
Educator Preparation and Leadership Development
- Identify the characteristics and training necessary to be an effective educator and educational leader.
- Identify opportunities for professional development and continuing education.
- Evaluate the implementation of educational innovations in current professional settings.
- Analyze creative problem solving strategies as an administrator.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.