edd569 | Graduate
Introduction To Action Research
This course focuses on the foundations of action research. The course will explore research as it impacts decision-making and educational practices. Students will be introduced to the various elements of an action research project, including problem statement and purpose, research design and writing skills, literature review, and action research requirements.
This graduate-level course is 4 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Research Design Elements and Writing Skills
- Identify the purpose of the ARP that is written in parallel to the problem statement.
- Apply APA format as it relates to writing an ARP.
- Identify plagiarism and accurate paraphrasing.
- Examine research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative) and various research design elements.
- Analyze the elements of an effective problem statement.
Action Research Requirements
- Identify the components of an ARP as overviewed in the Action Research Project: Student Handbook.
- Examine the elements of writing goals and expected outcomes (measurable objectives).
- Examine the elements and uses of constructing an effective planning matrix.
- Discuss the importance of the alignment of goals, expected outcomes, and analysis of results.
Literature Reviews and Ethical Issues in Action Research
- Establish the purpose of a literature review as it applies to an ARP.
- Determine various sources relevant to the research problem.
- Review procedures for organizing literature used for an ARP.
- Identify ethical issues as they relate to action research.
Introduction to Action Research
- Identify the purpose of research as it impacts decision-making and educational practices.
- Identify appropriate topics for an action research project (ARP).
- Examine the limitations of conducting an ARP.
- Locate various components within the Action Research Project: Student Handbook.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.