edl500 | Graduate
topic title goes here
The Teacher Leader's Role in Capacity Building
- Analyze the influence that distributive leadership has on teams.
- Define capacity building.
- Examine the roles that teacher leaders play in capacity building.
- Evaluate the practice of distributive leadership as it pertains to capacity building.
- Examine personal rationale for being a teacher leader.
- Analyze characteristics of effective teacher leaders.
- Describe the concept of self leadership.
Personal Leadership Styles and Strengths
- Analyze personal strengths and their implications for leadership practices.
- Examine the value of working from one’s strengths.
- Identify ways in which personal strengths influence leadership style.
- Determine how strength-based leadership can support a community of practice.
Personal Leadership in Practice
- Describe effective communication practices for leaders.
- Apply personal strengths to improve communication practices.
- Explore various pathways of teacher leadership.
- Examine the personal leadership practice of long-term and short-term goal setting.
The Context of Teacher Leadership
- Describe reciprocal influences between stakeholders, organizations, and teacher leaders.
- Differentiate between macro and micro politics in schools
- Analyze the implicit and explicit power dynamics in a school.
- Examine ways in which teacher leaders can utilize their understanding of a school’s dynamics to influence change.
Contemporary Theories of Leadership
- Explore recent research regarding the aspects of leadership.
- Compare and contrast theories of leadership.
- Distinguish between transformational and transactional leadership.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.