edl500c | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Contemporary Theories of Leadership
- Explore recent research regarding the aspects of leadership.
- Compare and contrast theories of leadership.
- Distinguish between transformational and transactional leadership.
- Analyze characteristics of effective teacher leaders.
- Examine personal rationale for being a teacher leader.
- Describe the concept of self leadership.
The Context of Teacher Leadership
- Differentiate between macro and micro politics in schools
- Describe reciprocal influences between stakeholders, organizations, and teacher leaders.
- Analyze the implicit and explicit power dynamics in a school.
- Examine ways in which teacher leaders can utilize their understanding of a school’s dynamics to influence change.
The Teacher Leader's Role in Capacity Building
- Define capacity building.
- Examine the roles that teacher leaders play in capacity building.
- Evaluate the practice of distributive leadership as it pertains to capacity building.
- Analyze the influence that distributive leadership has on teams.
Personal Leadership Styles and Strengths
- Identify ways in which personal strengths influence leadership style.
- Analyze personal strengths and their implications for leadership practices.
- Examine the value of working from one’s strengths.
- Determine how strength-based leadership can support a community of practice.
Personal Leadership in Practice
- Examine the personal leadership practice of long-term and short-term goal setting.
- Describe effective communication practices for leaders.
- Apply personal strengths to improve communication practices.
- Explore various pathways of teacher leadership.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.