edl531ca | Graduate
Mentoring And Coaching
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Mentors as Instructional Coaches
- Analyze opportunities to cultivate learning focused relationships.
- Examine topics for instructional coaching.
Foundations of Coaching and Mentoring
- Identify characteristics of coaching.
- Identify characteristics of mentoring.
- Compare and contrast coaching and mentoring.
- Identify the dispositions necessary to be an effective coach and mentor.
- Explore the International Coach Federation Code of Ethics.
- Describe effective communication processes.
- Describe factors that impact communication.
- Illustrate strategies for promoting dialogue, resolving conflict, and problem solving.
- Explain the stages of mentoring.
- Identify ways to create awareness.
- Design an action plan.
- Analyze effective modeling and motivation strategies.
- Develop a process to monitor progress and accountability.
- Establish realistic goals and objectives.
Coaches as Leaders of Change
- Develop an understanding of the effects of change on school culture.
- Examine ways to manage change effectively.
- Explore mentoring and coaching as elements of professional growth.
- Identify ways to create and communicate support.
- Identify the role and responsibilities of a coach and of a mentor.
- Examine the elements of cognitive coaching.
- Analyze the 16 Habits of Mind.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration skills.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.