edu101 | undergraduate
Foundations Of Education
topic title goes here
Complexities of Teaching
- Explain the importance of continuous professional development.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of using technology in the classroom.
- Define responsive teaching using research-based practices.
- Explain the responsibilities of a teacher.
- Describe how collaboration with teachers, family, and community enhances teaching and learning.
- Identify how the development and needs of students change.
- Describe the vital skills required for the success of 21st century students.
Societal Events and Trends that Change Education
- Explain how technology has changed teaching and learning.
- Describe the societal issues and trends that have influenced changes in education.
- Explain how diversity has affected education.
Evolution of Education in the United States
- Describe the major historical changes in education from the colonial period to the present.
- Identify how the roles of various stakeholders are affected by changes in education.
- Describe how education standards have changed for teachers and students.
- Identify personal reasons for becoming a teacher.
Philosophical Perspectives of Education
- Describe various philosophical views of education.
- Evaluate personal reasons for becoming a teacher.
- Develop a personal philosophy of education.
- Compare student and teacher-centered learning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.