edu105 | undergraduate
Diversity In Educational Settings
topic title goes here
Tolerance and Discrimination in Education
- Identify strategies to address sexual harassment among students.
- Describe strategies to incorporate tolerance and sensitivity toward students of diversity in instructional practices.
- Identify signs of gender discrimination and stereotyping in an educational setting.
Effect of Demographics on Education
- Identify the impact of language diversity on instruction and assessment strategies.
- Describe how the interaction of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, age, and gender differences contribute to inequality in schools.
- Analyze how the civil rights movement impacted education.
- Identify practical ways diversity in demographics can affect the classroom.
Special Education and English Language Learners
- Describe the demographic representation in special education classes.
- Discuss the impact of Public Law 94-142 on education.
- Identify the significance of the outcome of Brown v. Board of Education to exceptional children in special programs and the regular education classroom.
- Describe the evolution of approaches that education has attempted to meet the needs of the English language learner.
- Identify the needs of the exceptional child and how they can be met in the regular education classroom.
Defining Multicultural Education
- Define the concepts of culture and multicultural education.
- Describe the evolution of multicultural education.
- Identify the characteristics of a multicultural school environment.
- Explain how changing demographics influence public schools.
Legal Precedence and Multicultural Education
- Identify the role of the First Amendment in education and legal precedents related to educational equity.
- Describe the legal and ethical issues confronting the education of English language learners.
- Describe how educators can balance the concept of separation of church and state with valuing religious diversity.
- Explain how legal implications affect practices in the classroom.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.