edu300ca | undergraduate
Orientation To Teacher Education
This undergraduate-level course is 1 week This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Identify the features of the College of Education Resources.
- Identify field experience requirements
- Identify opportunities for field experience
- Examine the Field Experience Record
- Review the requirements for Field Experience Evaluations
- Define the roles and the responsibilities of the student teacher, the faculty supervisor, and the cooperating (master) teacher
- Examine the relationship between the Student Teaching Seminar courses and the student teaching experience
- Identify student teaching requirements
- Identify student teaching materials
- Identify the purpose and use of the e-portfolio in the BSLS program
- Define the Direct Response Folio (DRF)
- Describe the Assignments DRF
- Describe the Student Teaching Evaluations DRF
- Analyze the difference between the AssignmentsDRF, the Student Teaching Evaluations DRF and the California Teaching Performance Assessment DRF
- Describe the Personal Presentation and Resource Portfolios
- Describe the California Teaching Performance Assessment DRF
Teaching Performance Assessments
- Define the Teaching Performance Assessments
- Explain the relationship between the Teaching Performance Assessments, TPA courses, student teaching courses, and the student teaching practicum experience
Introduction to the Teacher Education Program
- Define the mission and purpose of the College of Education
- Identify the Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies (BSLS) program description
- Identify program admission and progression requirements
- Identify degree completion requirements
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.