edu321ca | undergraduate
This course examines the strategies used in managing a positive elementary classroom. Topics include management models, motivation, disruptive students, classroom expectations and procedures, communication, and record keeping. Managing materials and technology will also be addressed. Students will develop an individual classroom management plan.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Foundations for Classroom Management
- Compare management models.
- Develop a personal philosophy of classroom management.
- Describe the elements of classroom management in the elementary classroom.
- Describe the need for classroom management.
- Describe the influences of student diversity in clasroom management.
Creating a Positive Learning Climate
- Describe effective ways to create a positive learning environment.
- Describe ways of promoting and maintaining appropriate behavior.
- Identify how classroom arrangement influences the learning environment.
- Explain strategies for managing diversity and social dynamics in the classroom.
- Design a physical layout of a classroom.
The Role of Effective Instruction in Classroom Management
- Analyze lesson plans for classroom management implications.
- Examine efective instructional delivery methods that promote a positive classroom environment.
- Determine the importance of regular critical reflection on instructional practices.
- Develop a Behavior Improvement Plan.
- Develop a classroom management plan.
Managing Resources and Technology
- Identify management considerations when using a variety of technological resources.
- Explore different recordkeeping techniques.
- Locate a variety of available resources to assist in classroom management.
- Examine techniques for effectively communicating with parents, colleagues, administrators, and students.
- Identify verbal and nonverbal communication used with students.
- Identify components of effective substitute plans.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.