edu521 | Graduate
Technologies For Online Teaching
This course prepares teachers to effectively use technology and media in online teaching, including course management systems and student information systems. The benefits and challenges of using audio, video, and collaborative technology tools in the virtual classroom will be examined. Particular emphasis will be given to using web-based tools and promoting 21st-Century skills in the online environment. Current and emerging trends in Internet technology will also be addressed. Each participant must have computer and Internet access for this course.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Using Media to Meet Diverse Student Needs
- Identify tools for use in the virtual classroom that meet diverse learning needs and preferences.
- Identify strategies for integrating digital tools or media into a virtual classroom.
- Determine strategies for integrating 21st-Century skills in online instruction.
- Describe how to integrate emerging trends into online instruction.
Introduction to Online Teaching Tools
- Compare the function and application of course management systems.
- Describe the function and application of student information systems.
- All objectives apply.
Synchronous and Asynchronous Instruction and Tools
- Differentiate between synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Evaluate tools for synchronous instruction.
- Determine criteria for selecting appropriate multimedia or hypermedia tools for asynchronous instruction.
Web-Based Projects and Products
- Identify web-based tools appropriate for online teaching and learning.
- Determine strategies to integrate web-based projects.
- Design effective web-based instructional products.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.