edu545 | Graduate
Foundations Of Online Teaching
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Classroom Management in the Online Environment
- Identify strategies for successful classroom management in the online environment.
- Critique methods for collaborative reflection, sharing brainstorming, and problem-solving.
- Identify academic integrity issues such as copyright, fair use, and FERPA.
- Develop Internet safety guidelines.
- Compare best practices for communicating with parents, students, and peers.
Assessment in an Online Classroom
- Analyze formative and summative assessments for use in an online environment.
- Design authentic assessment instruments for student learning.
- Devise techniques and instruments for evaluating instruction.
- All objectives apply.
Using Technological Tools in the Online Classroom
- Recommend assistive technology tools and strategies for diverse learners.
- Evaluate best practices and approaches for integrating technology into online learning.
- Describe asynchronous and synchronous tools for delivering instruction in an online environment.
- Determine ways to integrate technology for inquiry, problem, and project-based learning.
- Analyze the role of social networking in an online learning environment.
The Learner and the Facilitator
- Compare an online teaching and learning environment to traditional learning environments.
- Determine the philosophy, framework, and qualities of a successful online program.
- Correlate national and state standards and guidelines to online teaching.
- Evaluate best practices for online teaching and learning.
Instructional Theories and Strategies for Teaching in an Online Environment
- Identify instructional theories and strategies for teaching in an online environment.
- Construct appropriate lessons for online learning.
- Identify strategies for effectively facilitating online discussions that encourage critical thinking.
- Compare the characteristics of teacher-centered instruction to those of student-centered instruction
- Summarize approaches for differentiated teaching and learning.
- Determine methods for supporting diverse learners.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.