educ527 | Graduate
Teaching Critical Thinking Skills
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Foundations and Development of Critical Thinking and Understanding
- Apply the principles of teaching for understanding.
- Identify ways that critical thinking skills can be used to engage and motivate students in a culturally responsive environment.
- Identify critical thinking strategies for diverse learners.
- Define critical thinking.
- Identify components of the critical thinking process.
- Analyze the value of critical thinking in the classroom.
- Examine the principles of teaching for understanding as related to critical thinking.
Strategies for Teaching Critical Thinking
- Determine the need for inquiry-based learning.
- Identify ways to include inquiry-based learning in the classroom.
- Identify critical thinking strategies that can be used in the classroom.
- Evaluate collaborative strategies that support critical thinking.
- Develop lessons that incorporate inquiry and critical thinking skills.
Critical Thinking in the Content Areas
- Incorporate critical thinking strategies in the content areas.
- Justify the use of critical thinking in the content areas.
- Explain how critical readers interact with text.
- Analyze how integrated instruction develops critical thinking skills.
- Integrate critical thinking skills into the curriculum and learning environment.
Critical Thinking and Assessment
- Identify tools for assessing critical thinking.
- Evaluate strategies for assessing critical thinking.
- Develop an assessment tool for assessing critical thinking skills.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.