educ529 | Graduate
Communication Strategies For Educators And Administrators
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Internal and External Communication
- Determine effective communication techniques to support a positive learning climate and explain ways to access and create involvement in a diverse community.
- Define the internal and external public for a school or district.
- Identify the factors of supervision that can create issues between educators and administrators.
- Determine criteria and develop methods for developing positive working relationships among school staff.
- Explain the teacher’s use of interpersonal communication with families and other stakeholders.
- Determine and evaluate methods to increase and improve family involvement.
Communication Ethics, Diversity, and Issues
- Apply communication ethics and diversity in education.
- Explain the role of diversity within a classroom.
- Address the communication concerns regarding sexism, ethnocentrism, classism, racism, and ableism in 21st century education.
- Describe how to handle a crisis in the classroom.
- Describe challenges school administrators face in special issue campaigns and elections.
- Analyze elements to communicate with the voting public regarding school finance issues.
- Summarize guidelines for positive communication with the media.
- Distinguish between the domains and roles of communication in education.
- Explain the importance of verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Illustrate effective interpersonal communication.
- Analyze listening skills and barriers.
- Explain the value of and process for establishing a communication plan.
- Explain the critical communication techniques for administrators.
Communication With Students
- Select methods to communicate instruction.
- Use discussion methods to engage learners.
- Explain the value of group communication for learning.
- Integrate technology to support individual and group communication for learning.
- Define administrator communication involving students.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.