eed438ca | undergraduate
Elementary Methods: Mathematics And Science
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Instructional Strategies in Mathematics and Science
- Identify inquiry-based and interactive learning strategies in mathematics and science instruction.
- Analyze instructional strategies for integrating mathematics and science with other subjects.
- Analyze a variety of instructional tools that are designed to help students reason, solve problems, and communicate effectively in science and mathematics.
- Identify instructional strategies for incorporating real-world problem solving that uses mathematical reasoning.
- Describe instructional activities that illustrate science concepts and principles, scientific investigation, and experimentation.
Assessment in Science and Mathematics
- Evaluate assessment techniques, tools, and strategies used to measure student learning in science and mathematics.
- Develop formative and summative assessments in science and mathematics that are aligned with standards and that guide instruction.
Integrating Science and Mathematics in Curriculum, Instruction, andTechnology
- Develop an integrated unit involving mathematics, science, technology, and other content areas, as appropriate.
- Describe the effect of technology on science and mathematics content and processes.
Science and Mathematics Content and Standards
Identify the specific content and process standards in P–8 science and mathematics.
- Apply national, state, and local science and mathematics standards to instruction and assessment.
- Integrate national, state, and local technology standards into science and mathematics instruction.
- Describe major perspectives on how children learn mathematics and science.
Classroom Management and the Learning Environment
- Identify specific classroom management issues related to math and science instruction.
- Explain effective classroom management strategies that can be used during science and math instruction.
- Describe current trends and issues regarding differentiating mathematics and science instruction for diverse learners.
- Analyze strategies for accommodating diversity in the learning environment.
- Identify strategies for increasing parental involvement and communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.