eed490ca | undergraduate
Elementary Student Teaching, Seminar I
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Student Teaching Experience
- Analyze the attributes of an effective cooperating teacher and student teacher relationship.
- Identify stress management techniques and strategies.
- Examine the importance of appropriate attire for the professional educator.
- Review the procedures, expectations, and requirements for student teaching.
- Review the Teaching Performance Expectations and how they must be implemented for student teaching success.
- Examine expectations of the formal student teaching observation process.
Assessing Learning Task
- Review the purpose of CalTPA Task Three.
- Review the components, process, and timeline of CalTPA Task Three.
- Summarize the steps for completing CalTPA Task Three.
- Identify the relationship of the TPEs to CalTPA Task Three.
- Review submission requirements for CalTPA Task Three.
- Evaluate how responses to CalTPA Task Three are scored.
The Learning Environment
- Evaluate the aspects of the classroom environment that contribute to positive learning experiences.
- Analyze the implications contextual factors may have on learning and the learning climate.
- Compare and contrast various methods of classroom management.
- Review various classroom arrangements and resources.
- Examine how learning environments apply to CalTPA Task Three.
Planning Instruction and Designing Learning Experiences for Students
- Compare and contrast formative and summative assessments.
- Collect information about selected students.
- Identify goals for student learning based on state and content standards.
- Plan an assessment relating to content area and subject matter based on state and content standards.
- Review assessment development.
California Teaching Performance Assessment Policies and Procedures for University of Phoenix
- Apply Teaching Performance Assessment Code of Honor.
- Review passing score requirements.
- Review the University of Phoenix remediation plan.
Interpretation of Assessments
- Connect CalTPA Task Three components to interpreting assessments.
- Distinguish students’ academic strengths and areas for growth in relation to the learning goals.
- Analyze assessment results to determine student progress.
- Analyze assessment results to plan or adapt instruction.
- Prepare appropriate feedback for students and family members.
Developing as a Professional Educator
- Review areas of growth in candidate dispositions.
- Outline the responsibility for student learning outcomes.
- Evaluate the results of the assessment to improve assessment skills.
- Evaluate the results of the assessment to improve teaching effectiveness.
Use of Assessments in the Classroom
- Identify appropriate methods of assessment.
- Evaluate the usability and applicability of a variety of assessment methods.
- Summarize the rationale for aligning assessments to state and content standards.
- Examine ethical issues and responsibilities as they relate to assessments.
- Identify CalTPA Task Three steps aligning the use of classroom assessments.
Engaging and Supporting Students in Learning
- Define developmentally appropriate assessment methods.
- Describe assessment modifications for students with special needs or abilities.
- Describe assessment modifications for English language learners.
- Design assessment modifications for students with special needs or abilities to achieve learning goals.
- Design assessment modifications for English language learners to achieve learning goals.
- Connect CalTPA Task Three components for designing appropriate assessments.
Review/Wrap up of Student Teaching Experience
- Describe issues and discoveries from the student teaching experience.
- Evaluate the results of the midterm evaluation to determine opportunities for growth.
- Review the relationships between the domains, TPEs, and CalTPAs.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses as a student teaching candidate.
- Evaluate student candidate subject matter knowledge.
- Appraise any issues or concerns regarding CalTPA Task Three.
Reflection on Assessment Implementation
- Summarize what has been learned about the assessment process.
- Explain how the assessment process drives instruction.
- Explain how the assessment process provides evidence of student learning.
- Explain how the assessment process provides evidence of teacher effectiveness.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.