eed498ca | undergraduate
Elementary Student Teaching, Seminar I
This undergraduate-level course is 8 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Reflection on Assessment Implementation
- Summarize what has been learned about the assessment process.
- Explain how the assessment process drives instruction.
- Explain how the assessment process provides evidence of student learning.
- Explain how the assessment process provides evidence of teacher effectiveness.
Review/Wrap up of Student Teaching Experience
- Evaluate the results of the midterm evaluation to determine opportunities for growth.
- Review the relationships between the domains, TPEs, and CalTPAs.
- Appraise any issues or concerns regarding CalTPA Task Three.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses as a student teaching candidate.
- Evaluate student candidate subject matter knowledge.
- Describe issues and discoveries from the student teaching experience.
Developing as a Professional Educator
- Evaluate the results of the assessment to improve assessment skills.
- Outline the responsibility for student learning outcomes.
- Evaluate the results of the assessment to improve teaching effectiveness.
- Review areas of growth in candidate dispositions.
California Teaching Performance Assessment Policies and Procedures for University of Phoenix
- Review passing score requirements.
- Apply Teaching Performance Assessment Code of Honor.
- Review the University of Phoenix remediation plan.
The Student Teaching Experience
- Review the Teaching Performance Expectations and how they must be implemented for student teaching success.
- Examine expectations of the formal student teaching observation process.
- Analyze the attributes of an effective cooperating teacher and student teacher relationship.
- Identify stress management techniques and strategies.
- Examine the importance of appropriate attire for the professional educator.
- Review the procedures, expectations, and requirements for student teaching.
Assessing Learning Task
- Evaluate how responses to CalTPA Task Three are scored.
- Review the purpose of CalTPA Task Three.
- Review the components, process, and timeline of CalTPA Task Three.
- Summarize the steps for completing CalTPA Task Three.
- Identify the relationship of the TPEs to CalTPA Task Three.
- Review submission requirements for CalTPA Task Three.
Use of Assessments in the Classroom
- Identify CalTPA Task Three steps aligning the use of classroom assessments.
- Identify appropriate methods of assessment.
- Evaluate the usability and applicability of a variety of assessment methods.
- Summarize the rationale for aligning assessments to state and content standards.
- Examine ethical issues and responsibilities as they relate to assessments.
The Learning Environment
- Analyze the implications contextual factors may have on learning and the learning climate.
- Evaluate the aspects of the classroom environment that contribute to positive learning experiences.
- Compare various methods of classroom management.
- Review various classroom arrangements and resources.
- Examine how learning environments apply to CalTPA Task Three.
Planning Instruction and Designing Learning Experiences for Students
- Collect information about selected students.
- Identify goals for student learning based on state and content standards.
- Plan an assessment relating to content area and subject matter based on state and content standards.
- Review assessment development.
- Compare formative and summative assessments.
Engaging and Supporting Students in Learning
- Define developmentally appropriate assessment methods.
- Describe assessment modifications for students with special needs or abilities.
- Describe assessment modifications for English language learners.
- Design assessment modifications for students with special needs or abilities to achieve learning goals.
- Connect CalTPA Task Three components for designing appropriate assessments.
- Design assessment modifications for English language learners to achieve learning goals.
Interpretation of Assessments
- Analyze assessment results to determine student progress.
- Distinguish students’ academic strengths and areas for growth in relation to the learning goals.
- Analyze assessment results to plan or adapt instruction.
- Prepare appropriate feedback for students and family members.
- Connect CalTPA Task Three components to interpreting assessments.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.