eed499ca | undergraduate
Elementary Student Teaching: Seminar II
This undergraduate-level course is 8 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Reflection after Instruction
Evaluate the relationship between components of CalTPA Task Four to the importance of reflection.
- Describe the importance of reflection as a tool to improve lesson effectiveness.
Examine the importance of reflection as a tool to improve student learning.
Describe the importance of reflection as a tool to improve teaching effectiveness.
Identify professional development goals based on the reflection of student teaching experience.
Reflecting on CalTPA Task Four Progress
- Review individual progress on CalTPA Task Four.
- Determine individual progress on CalTPA Task Four.
Review of the Student Teaching Experience
- Describe the importance of reflection and identifying opportunities for professional growth.
- Review the procedures, expectations, and requirements for student teaching.
- Examine expectations of the formal student teaching observation process.
- Analyze the attributes of an effective cooperating teacher and student teacher relationship.
- Examine the importance of appropriate attire for the professional educator.
- Identify potential challenges faced during student teaching.
- Determine strategies to meet student and classroom challenges.
- Identify stress management techniques and strategies.
- Review the Teaching Performance Expectations and how they must be implemented for student teaching success.
The School Culture
- Compare and contrast the cultures of various districts, schools, and classrooms.
- Examine relationships in the school among teachers, colleagues, administrators, support staff, and students.
- Analyze the different demographics of schools and school districts.
- Identify techniques for collaborating with grade- or subject-level teachers.
- Justify adaptations made in instructional planning.
- Identify the relevant state and content standards for the learning goals.
Describe the importance of creating an effective classroom environment.
- Demonstrate academic instructional planning for the whole class.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan adaptations for English language learners and students with different instructional challenges.
- Evaluate the relationship between components of the CalTPA Task Four to Instructional Planning.
Reflecting on Student Teaching Part B
- Reflect on weekly successes and challenges of the student teaching experience.
- Identify areas of improvement and goals for the remainder of the student teaching experience.
Transitioning to a Beginning Teacher Position in an Induction Program
Define California Induction Programs.
Describe the purpose of the California Induction Programs.
- Illustrate the alignment of the TPEs to the CSTPs.
- Examine time and stress management techniques for a beginning teacher.
- Create a plan to maintain a balance of work and life as a beginning teacher.
Analysis of Instruction
- Analyze student learning based on the implementation of a lesson plan.
- Evaluate the relationship between components of CalTPA Task Four to analyzing instruction.
Analyze the effectiveness of a lesson plan and its modifications.
Determine the relationship between the lesson plan and implementation.
Evaluate the relationship between the lesson plan and teaching effectiveness.
- Explain the use of video for personal and professional reflection.
Seeking a Teaching Position
- Evaluate personal and professional considerations when applying for a teaching position.
Define professionalism as it relates to job interviews.
Review components of resume and interview preparation.
Overview of the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task
- Review the purpose of CalTPA Task Four.
- Evaluate how responses to CalTPA Task Four are scored.
- Identify the relationship of the TPEs to CalTPA Task Four.
- Review the components, process, and timeline of CalTPA Task Four.
- Summarize the steps for completing CalTPA Task Four.
- Review submission requirements for CalTPA Task Four.
California Teaching Performance Assessment Policies and Procedures for University of Phoenix
Apply the Teaching Performance Assessment Code of Honor.
Review privacy and permission requirements.
Review passing score requirements.
- Review the University of Phoenix remediation plan.
- Explore the use of video as a means of performance assessment.
- Demonstrate the use of video technology.
Learning about Students
- Demonstrate the ability to collect information about the whole class.
- Describe how the class information will be used for planning academic instruction.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect information about students with different instructional challenges.
- Evaluate the relationship between components of CalTPA Task Four and learning about students.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.