eld502 | Graduate
Foundations Of Instruction For English Learners
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
School, Community, and Family Collaboration
- Determine characteristics of effective school, community, and family collaborations.
- Define culture .
- Evaluate the process in the development of cultural identities.
- Compare and contrast prejudice and discrimination.
- Identify characteristics associated with linguistic minority communities.
- Examine the relationship between cultural diversity and educational achievement.
- Summarize the historical context of linguistic minority communities.
Issues and Characteristics Related to English Learners
- Define characteristics and goals of English language development programs and their supporting philosophies.
- Examine challenges related to the education of English learners.
- Describe various academic, emotional, and linguistic fundamentals that influence English learners.
Policies and Program Models for English Learners
- Examine historical and current policies that influenced the development of English language development programs.
- Compare and contrast characteristics of various program models.
- Analyze the factors related to English language development special education, including gifted and talented education.
Principles of Effective Instruction for English Learners
- Analyze effective instructional practices.
- Evaluate the influences of cooperative learning.
- Examine the value of critical pedagogy for English learners.
Language Arts and Literacy Instruction for English Learners
- Examine the process of learning a second language.
- Identify instructional approaches for teaching a second language.
- Evaluate the use of literacy across the curriculum.
Content Instructional Methodologies for English Learners
- Identify instructional standards in math, science, and social studies instruction for English learners.
- Analyze effective instructional methods for teaching math, science, and social studies to English learners.
- Explain cultural issues in math, science, and social studies instruction.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.