elm523ca | Graduate
Elementary Student Teaching Part A
This graduate-level course is 8 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Interpretation of Assessments
- Distinguish students’ academic strengths and areas for growth in relation to the learning goals.
- Analyze assessment results to plan or adapt instruction.
- Prepare appropriate feedback for students and/or students’ family members.
- Connect CalTPA Three component to interpretation of assessment.
- Analyze assessment results to determine student progress.
Reflection on Assessment Implementation
- Summarize what has been learned about the assessment process.
- Explain how the assessment process drives instruction.
- Explain how the assessment process provides evidence of student learning.
- Explain how the assessment process provides evidence of teacher effectiveness.
Use of Assessments in the Classroom
- Evaluate the usability and applicability of a variety of assessment methods.
- Identify CalTPA Task Three steps aligning the use of classroom assessment.
- Identify appropriate methods of assessment.
- Summarize the rationale for aligning assessments to state and content standards.
- Examine ethical issues and responsibilities as they relate to assessments.
Developing as a Professional Educator
- Outline the responsibility for student learning outcomes.
- Evaluate the results of the assessment to improve assessment skills.
- Evaluate the results of the assessment to improve teaching effectiveness.
- Review areas of growth in candidate dispositions.
Review/Wrap up of Student Teaching Experience
- Identify strengths and weaknesses as a student teaching candidate.
- Evaluate student candidate subject matter knowledge.
- Describe issues and discoveries from the student teaching experience.
- Evaluate the results of the mid-term evaluation to determine opportunities for growth.
- Review the relationships between the domains, TPEs, and CalTPAs.
- Appraise any issues or concerns regarding the CalTPA Task Three: Assessing Learning Task.
The Student Teaching Experience
- Review the procedures, expectations, and requirements for student teaching.
- Review the Teaching Performance Expectations and how they must be implemented for student teaching success.
- Examine expectations of the formal student teaching observation process.
- Analyze the attributes of an effective cooperating teacher and student teacher relationship.
- Identify stress management techniques and strategies.
- Examine the importance of appropriate attire for the professional educator.
Assessing Learning Task
- Review the purpose of the CalTPA Task Three: Assessing Learning Task.
- Review the components, process, and timeline of the CalTPA Task Three: Assessing Learning Task.
- Summarize the steps for completing the CalTPA Task Three: Assessing Learning Task.
- Identify the relationship of the TPEs to the CalTPA Task Three: Assessing Learning Task.
- Review submission requirements for the CalTPA Task Three: Assessing Learning Task.
- Evaluate how responses to the CalTPA Task Three: Assessing Learning Task are scored.
Planning Instruction and Designing Learning Experiences for Students
- Identify goals for student learning based on state and content standards.
- Plan an assessment relating to content area and subject matter based on state and content standards.
- Compare and contrast formative and summative assessments.
- Collect information about selected students.
- Review assessment development.
Engaging and Supporting Students in Learning
- Design assessment modifications for students with special needs or abilities to achieve learning goals.
- Design assessment modifications for English language learners to achieve learning goals.
- Define developmentally appropriate methods of assessment.
- Describe assessment modifications for English language learners.
- Describe assessment modifications for students with special needs or abilities.
- Connect CalTPA Task Three components for designing appropriate assessments.
The Learning Environment
- Examine how learning environments apply to the CalTPA Task Three: Assessing Learning Task.
- Compare and contrast various methods of classroom management.
- Review various classroom arrangements and resources.
- Ethical issues and responsibilities of assessment.
- Analyze the implications that contextual factors may have on learning and the learning climate.
- Evaluate the aspects of the classroom environment that contribute to positive learning experiences.
California Teaching Performance Assessment Policies and Procedures for University of Phoenix
- Apply Teaching Performance Assessment Code of Honor.
- Review passing score requirements.
- Review the University of Phoenix remediation plan.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.