elm533 | Graduate
Instruction And Assessment For Diverse Learners
topic title goes here
Goals and Objectives
- Explain the role of standards in planning and instruction.
- Differentiate between goals and objectives.
- Create developmentally appropriate goals and objectives.
- Examine the importance of understanding the cultural backgrounds, strengths, and needs of learners for developing appropriate learning goals.
- Explain the role of assessment in data-driven decision making.
- Differentiate between the purposes and types of formative and summative assessments.
- Analyze strategies for using assessment data to inform instructional planning and differentiation of instruction.
- Analyze the use of rubrics for evaluating student learning.
- Describe the components of a lesson plan.
- Compare and contrast approaches to lesson planning.
- Investigate methods of collaboration with professional stakeholders to meet diverse learning needs.
- Apply appropriate content standards and learning progressions to instructional design.
- Design appropriate lessons that support diverse learners and desired outcomes.
- Describe how key teacher behaviors contribute to effective teaching.
- Compare direct and indirect instructional strategies that promote student learning.
- Examine strategies to incorporate inquiry-based learning into curriculum development and instruction.
- Apply methods of differentiated instruction to meet the learning styles of culturally and academically diverse students.
Instructional Strategies, Continued
- Identify questioning strategies that promote student reflection and critical thinking.
- Determine strategies to promote student engagement and motivation.
- Examine methods of enhancing student learning through remediation and extension activities.
- Evaluate strategies for using digital and interactive technologies to enhance student learning.
Evaluation and Reflection
- Describe the importance of self-reflection in improving practice.
- Analyze the use of assessments to improve instructional practices and student learning.
- Describe the roles of professional learning communities and stakeholder collaboration to improve teaching and learning.
- Develop a professional growth plan based on reflection and evaluative feedback.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.