elm538 | Graduate
Mathematics Content And Curricular Knowledge
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Mathematics Content and Process Standards
- Examine the major concepts within operations and algebraic thinking, number and operations in base ten, numbers and operations, and geometry.
- Identify the specific state and national content and process standards in Kâ6 mathematics.
- Describe the mathematical practice standards.
- Evaluate strategies for teaching math concepts to primary students.
- Evaluate strategies for teaching math concepts to intermediate students.
- Compare questioning strategies and learning activities that elicit, engage, and challenge students' thinking for successful problem solving in real-life scenarios.
- Research current technology tools that enhance learning in the mathematics classroom.
Assessing and Using Data Analysis
- Describe effective methods for assessing learnersâ understanding in mathematics using formative and summative assessments.
- Evaluate assessment techniques, tools, and strategies that are used to measure learning in mathematics.
- Use assessment data to inform planning and instruction.
- Describe strategies for guiding learners through self-analysis and reflection of their learning.
Mathematics Instruction for Diverse Learners
- Examine current trends and issues regarding differentiating mathematics instruction for diverse learners.
- Analyze strategies for adjusting and modifying the learning environment to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Analyze strategies for differentiating instruction.
- Describe how technology can be used to engage and meet the needs of diverse learners.
Problem-Based Learning and Interdisciplinary Teaching
- Identify key components of problem-based learning in mathematics.
- Analyze a variety of instructional strategies that are designed to help students reason, solve problems, and communicate effectively in mathematics.
- Examine interdisciplinary strategies that develop skills across content areas.
Collaboration and Professional Development
- Evaluate professional and community resources that support and enhance mathematics instruction.
- Describe the importance of collaboration, self-reflection, and professional development to improve practice.
- Identify strategies for collaborating with all stakeholders in order to enhance student learning.
- Investigate professional development opportunities available to address your specific needs and interests.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.