em565 | Graduate
Financial Management In The Energy Sector
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Managing Energy Sector Assets and Working Capital
- Use revenue estimation techniques for regulated projects in the energy sector.
- Describe the importance of the cash conversion cycle, including accounts receivable and inventory, to working capital management.
- Identify sources and uses of short-term financing.
- Determine credit policies considering applicable regulatory constraints in the energy sector.
Business Valuation and Cost of Capital Estimation
- Analyze how markets adjust for risk.
- Determine the intrinsic value of debt and equity instruments using valuation techniques.
- Apply the Capital Asset Pricing Model and the Discounted Cash Flow model to calculate a business’s required rate of return.
Capital Budgeting in the Energy Sector
- Analyze a capital project’s present value and internal rate of return based on expected future net cash flows.
- Apply ranking techniques used in capital budgeting decisions.
- Calculate the cost of capital for a firm and for individual capital projects.
- Select enterprise or project financing by evaluating strategic and regulatory constraints.
- Explain the role and effects of hedges in the energy industry.
- Explain the types and main features of long-term debt including leasing.
- Determine the effect of dividend policy on stock price.
- Analyze the effect of price setting on capital budgeting.
- Explain the methods, pitfalls, and benefits of capital rationing.
- Create a financial plan for an energy project.
Foundations of Finance in the Energy Sector
- Identify the 12 principles that are foundational to corporate finance.
- Compare and contrast the market value of an asset or liability with the book value.
- Identify the unique financial characteristics of the energy industry.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.