eng220 | undergraduate
University Academic Writing
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Writing and Researching Effectively
- Create an annotated bibliography using appropriate structure.
- Demonstrate the rules of the APA formatting style.
- Review sentence structure.
- Research sources that would support your essay topic.
Building Your Essayâ s Framework
- Demonstrate correct application of punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
- Practice drafting a thesis statement.
- Write topic sentences.
- Review appropriate formatting using APA guidelines.
Drafting Your Essay
- Write a comparison-contrast essay.
- Revise a thesis statement that makes a claim, and support it with examples.
- Demonstrate an understanding of APA guidelines and appropriate citation of sources.
Finalizing Your Essay
- Describe your personal writing process.
- Write a well-researched, college-level essay by applying effective writing techniques.
The Writing Process
- Reflect on the writing process.
- Recognize prewriting techniques, such as freewriting, journal writing, and clustering.
- Identify an essay topic and the basic structure of an effective paragraph.
- Demonstrate proofreading and editing.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.