eng480 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
When Worlds Collide
- Compare rhetorical approaches used by various disciplines or traditions in public debate.
- Analyze how differing approaches function on audiences.
- Analyze public debate about your chosen topic.
The Rhetoric of Your Discipline
- Identify the leading texts in your intended discipline.
- Analyze the rhetoric and arguments of the leading texts in your intended discipline.
- Compare the effect of different media on audiences.
Applying Rhetorical Tools
- Apply rhetorical tools to make a persuasive argument about your topics.
- Examine how genre and media affect the persuasiveness of arguments.
Reflecting on Your Rhetoric
- Apply rhetorical tools in the analysis of your writing.
- Analyze your writing for common strategies and patterns.
- Identify any flaws or biases in reasoning.
Locating Yourself in a Tradition
- Identify the main disciplines relevant to your chosen topic.
- Analyze the typical rhetoric within those disciplines.
- Describe the main rhetorical approaches to your chosen topics within those disciplines (intra-disciplinary).
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.