eng102 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Gathering and Evaluating Information
- Evaluate the credibility of different types of sources.
- Discuss strategies for gathering reliable information.
Drafting an Introduction and a Conclusion
- Use sentence variety, sentence clarity, and parallel structure effectively.
- Create an introduction and a conclusion for a research paper.
Formulating an Argument
- Develop a thesis statement for a research paper.
- Discuss strategies for formulating a viable argument.
- Construct a full-sentence outline.
- Develop appropriate support for a research argument.
- Incorporate source material into a research paper.
Reviewing the Research Paper
- Create a rough draft of a research paper.
- Differentiate between commonly confused words.
- Recognize the benefits of completing a peer review.
Revising the Research Paper
- Determine how to use feedback from multiple sources to revise a research paper.
- Discuss the role of feedback and writing tools in the revision process.
Completing the Research Paper
- Complete a persuasive research paper.
- Use appropriate style, tone, mechanics, and style formatting in a research paper.
Identifying Components of Argumentation
- Identify examples of bias, rhetorical devices, argumentation, and effective counterarguments.
- Complete a research plan based on a chosen topic.
Working With Sources
- Create an annotated bibliography.
- Use grammar, mechanics, spelling, and punctuation appropriately.
- Determine how to summarize, paraphrase, and quote research sources.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.