eng147 | undergraduate
University Writing Essentials
This undergraduate-level course is 7 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Prewriting and Planning
- Demonstrate the ability to write a clear and focused thesis statement that encompasses both topic and point of view.
- Demonstrate the ability to create an outline that includes main topics and supporting details.
- Identify strategies to organize essay content.
Research and APA
- Demonstrate the ability to locate source material in the University Library databases.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of APA requirements for quoted and paraphrased source materials.
- Explain the role of research in providing supporting evidence for thesis statements.
Revising and Editing
- Describe the elements of a strong revision process.
- Demonstrate the ability to use Center for Writing Excellence tools for revising and formatting a strong academic essay or paper.
- Demonstrate the ability to use transitional sentences in crafting a unified essay.
Academic Integrity and Complete Essays
- Define plagiarism.
- Explain the student code of academic integrity and the correlation between plagiarism and academic integrity.
- Apply appropriate writing techniques to write a well-researched, college-level essay.
The Writing Process
- Identify key steps in the writing process.
- Identify university writing and style expectations and resources to support the writing process.
Writing and Sentence Foundations
- Demonstrate the proper use of punctuation and grammar.
- Differentiate between personal and academic writing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective paragraph characteristics.
- Demonstrate the ability to write a well-constructed paragraph that includes a topic sentence and supporting details.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.