eng215 | undergraduate
Effective Academic Writing
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Role of Research in Academic Writing
- Analyze sources as supportive of an argument.
- Create an annotated bibliography of scholarly sources.
- Apply APA formatting style.
- Describe components of developing an argument
Prewriting, Outlining, and Thesis Statements
- Use principles of rhetoric to structure your arguments.
- Draft a thesis statement.
- Recognize your primary audience.
- Write topic sentences to begin drafting your paper.
Drafting An Argumentative Essay
- Review the relevance, reliability, and objectivity of sources in your paper, and revise as necessary.
- Revise thesis statements and topic sentences.
- Demonstrate effective summarizing and paraphrasing in writing an argumentative essay.
- Apply the characteristics of persuasive writing in a written argumentative essay.
- Apply writing conventions for specific disciplines.
- Combine written and visual elements effectively in a presentation.
- Prepare a persuasive explanation for career applications.
Inside Academic Writing
- Apply the rules of basic English grammar, word usage, and sentence style.
- Describe components of rhetorical context.
- Apply rhetorical analysis to academic writing.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.