eng223 | undergraduate
Workplace Writing Essentials
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Writing Electronic Workplace Communication
- Demonstrate the ability to write effective and appropriate electronic workplace communications, such as e-mails, instant messages, blogs, and so on.
- Demonstrate the ability to write effective, persuasive workplace messages.
Successful Writing for the Job Seeker
- Identify the major design characteristics of effective resumes.
- Identify important characteristics of effective cover and follow-up letters.
- Describe methods for gathering and analyzing data information for use in a formal report.
Foundations of Workplace Writing
- Identify the tools, methods, or techniques for delivering written messages to audiences in the workplace.
- Identify the techniques for revising, editing, and proofreading written communications for the workplace.
- Apply appropriate grammar and word choice for clear, effective workplace writing.
- Prepare an effective formal report.
- Explain the appropriate use of visual objects, such as tables, graphs, and illustrations, in workplace communications.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply ethical considerations in workplace communication.
The Communication Environment
- Demonstrate the ability to write effective traditional workplace communications, such as memoranda and letters.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively adapt messages for various workplace audiences.
- Identify techniques for delivering negative messages in the workplace.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.