env350 | undergraduate
Water And Wastewater Treatment Technology
This course will introduce students to water and wastewater treatment technology. Topics will include drinking-water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, and water reuse.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Water Reuse and Sustainability
- Identify sustainability practices for water use and wastewater treatment.
- Assess the overall energy use and carbon footprint of water and wastewater utilities.
- Explain how water storage in aquifers relates to water reuse.
- Create a plan for water reuse.
Water Quality and Distribution
- Distinguish between groundwater and surface water sources for water supplies.
- Demonstrate integration of natural and human-generated water cycles.
- Explain the importance of microscopic life in water quality and waterborne disease.
- Examine regulatory structure for drinking water and water pollution control.
- Evaluate best practices for solid-handling operations.
- Distinguish among primary treatment, secondary treatment, and advanced treatment.
- Assess sound asset-management practices for utilities.
Drinking Water Treatment
- Differentiate between treatment technologies used for groundwater supplies and those for surface water supplies.
- Determine applicability of advanced water treatment, including use of seawater as a supply.
- Explain issues arising from residuals left from drinking-water treatment processes.
- Describe how treated drinking water is distributed for use.
Wastewater Characteristics and Collection
- Explain sewer system operations.
- Determine the importance of biochemical oxygen demand biochemical oxygen demand.
- Distinguish between industrial and municipal sources of wastewater.
- Differentiate between storm sewers and sanitary sewers.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.