fin467 | undergraduate
Real Estate Investment
topic title goes here
Planning & Development Considerations
- Explain the factors that impact real estate pricing.
- Compare and contrast community and investor land use planning.
- Examine the six stages of the real estate development processes.
- Apply the concept of time value of money to the valuation of real estate.
- Explain how to conduct market and feasibility analyses utilizing various resources.
Real Estate Fundamentals
- Distinguish among different types of real estate.
- Differentiate between real and financial assets.
- Compare the forms of ownership of real estate.
- Describe the impact of supply and demand on the value of real estate.
- Describe the relationship between the real estate market and the economy.
Investment & Valuation Considerations
- Prepare an estimate of value using the income valuation approach.
- Compare the three valuation approaches.
- Determine the impact of taxation on value and return on investment.
- Determine the impact of risk upon value.
- Use the Internet and other resources to assess socio-economic and real estate factors that impact risk and return.
- Explain the steps that professional appraisers utilize for valuation of real estate.
Financial & Legal Considerations
- Compare and contrast the contracts involved in real estate management and leasing.
- Identify the legal elements of mortgages and financial documentation.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of adjustable rate and fixed rate residential mortgages.
- Classify the various forms of commercial real estate financing and their applications.
Marketing & Management of Real Estate
- Describe the role of brokerage in real estate transactions.
- Assess the role of real estate in an overall investment portfolio.
- Explain the impact of global economic issues on real estate values.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.