fin593 | Graduate
topic title goes here
Functions of the Banking Business: Equity, Bond, Financings, and Trading Business
- Differentiate leading stock market indices and their types.
- Analyze the three major types of bond risk: default, inflation, and interest rate changes.
- Distinguish taxable and tax-free bonds.
- Interpret the yield curve using the expectations hypothesis and liquidity premium theory.
Investment Banking Relationships with Leveraged Buyout (LBO) Funds
- Determine the cost of financial distress.
- Identify financing choices.
Investment Banking and Hedge Funds, Corporate, and Institutional Client
- Distinguish between the simple option-valuation model and the binomial method.
- Use the Black-Scholes valuation formula to estimate the value of options.
- Analyze hedging currency risk.
- Explore exchange risk and international investment decisions.
Organizational Structure of Investment Banking Firms
- Explain the structure, current trends, and future prospects of the banking industry.
- Discuss the functions and characteristics of non-depository institutions.
The Economics of Financial Intermediation
- Discuss the role of financial intermediaries and how they promote efficiency.
- Describe a commercial bank's assets and liabilities.
- Identify bank key measures and types and ways to control bank risks.
Investment Banking Regulations, Innovations, and Competition
- Discuss the sources and the consequences of bank runs, panics, and crises.
- Explain why the government intervenes in the financial system, and the problems may create.
- Analyze how a government regulates and supervise the financial system to contain risk.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.