fis260 | undergraduate
Financial Markets & Institutions: You Can Bank On It
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Economic Policy and the Money Supply
- Discuss national economic policy objectives.
- Discuss control of the money supply.
Finance in the Real World
- Discuss career opportunities in finance.
- Analyze the current financial environment.
International Trade and Finance
- Outline the development of the international monetary system.
- Discuss international trade.
- Calculate currency exchange rates.
Savings and Investment and Interest Rates
- Evaluate reasons for budget deficits.
- Describe what affects interest rates.
- Discuss savings and investment processes.
Return and Risk Concepts
- Differentiate between historical and expected rates of return.
- Calculate arithmetic averages, variances, and standard deviations.
- Differentiate between systematic and unsystematic risk.
- Explain risk and portfolio diversification.
Capital Budgeting, Capital Structure and the Cost of Capital
- Describe the capital budgeting process.
- Explain capital budgeting techniques.
- Evaluate the purpose of capital structure.
The Financial Environment and the Monetary System
- Discuss characteristics and components of the financial system.
- Discuss the relationship between money supply and economic activity.
- Describe the four pillars of finance
Banks and Financial Institutions
- Discuss the roles of major financial institutions.
- Analyze functions of the banking system.
- Discuss international banking.
The Federal Reserve System
- Explain the structure and functions of the Federal Reserve System.
- Describe monetary policy functions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.