fp100 | undergraduate
Everyday Economics And Finances
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Credit Scores and Major Financial Decisions
- Explain the relationship of credit reports and scores to the credit approval process.
- Describe credit score factors and score improvement strategies.
- Assess the costs, benefits and process of renting versus buying a home.
Planning for the Future: Investments and Retirement
- Determine retirement income needs and retirement planning strategies.
- Explain reasons and strategies for investment planning.
- Evaluate types of investment vehicles.
Personal Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Describe the relationship between economic forces and personal finances.
- Develop personal financial goals and a personal budget.
- Explain how behavioral economic concepts affect our planning, spending, and credit decisions.
The Fundamentals of Economics and Finance
- Determine the time value of money, savings, earnings, and cost of credit associated with personal financial decisions.
- Explain the relationship of opportunity cost to personal financial decisions.
- Examine cash management products and common income tax terms.
Consumer Debt and Paying for College
- Explain the costs and benefits of a college degree.
- Evaluate options for paying for college.
- Calculate the costs of credit card usage.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.