fp120f | undergraduate
Essentials Of Personal Finance
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Identify cash management products and services.
Describe how to organize and prepare personal financial statements.
Complete a personal cash flow statement.
Personal Financial Planning
List the five steps in the personal financial planning process.
Summarize what influences personal financial planning.
Identify parts of a financial plan.
Identify the five C’s of credit.
- Identify parts of a credit report.
List types of consumer credit.
- Explain the credit approval process.
Credit Protection and Repair
Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of credit cards.
Summarize how to protect and correct credit.
Avoiding and Managing Debt
- Recognize signs of credit trouble.
- List good practices for managing debt.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of credit cards.
- Recognize student loan options and implications for the future.
Investment and Long-Term Planning
- Summarize the investment planning process.
- Explain retirement income needs.
- List sources of retirement income.
Major Financial Assets
- Outline the decision process for buying a car or house.
- Summarize the steps in buying a home.
- Explain interest rates.
- Explain taxable income and taxes owed.
- Summarize ways to save money on federal taxes.
List steps to file a federal tax return.
- Summarize the functions of insurance.
- List characteristics of auto, home, health, disability, and life insurance.
- Describe the importance of wills.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.