gen127 | undergraduate
University Studies For Success
This undergraduate-level course is 7 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Identify various resources that University of Phoenix provides for students to be successful in their academic and personal lives.
- Recognize the importance of responsible borrowing.
- Describe the weekly student expectations in a University of Phoenix class.
Succeeding in University Writing
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses in writing skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding about the difference between writing in an academic versus professional context.
- Identify University of Phoenix writing resources.
Study and Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Apply study and reading strategies based on learning style.
- Identify effective study habits and techniques.
- Explain how emotion can affect communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional communication.
- Differentiate between academic and casual communication.
Academic and Career Competence
- Identify how personal learning style influences career competencies.
- Identify personal career interests, competencies, and preferred work cultures.
- Identify the university learning goals and professional competencies that influence career success.
Mastering the Writing Basics
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic structure, audience, and purpose when writing.
- Describe plagiarism and explain its connection to writing with academic integrity.
- Demonstrate the key elements of writing mechanics.
- Develop academic goals.
- Identify strategies to sustain motivation throughout the college experience.
- Identify techniques to overcome time and stress challenges to maintain work, college, and life balance.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.