gft500 | Graduate
Teaching Gifted And Talented Learners
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Awareness and Support of Underrepresented Populations
- Identify factors leading to success in gifted and talented learners from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Profile the differentiated needs related to gender, ethnic and racial minorities, and twice-exceptional learners.
- Apply culturally sensitive strategies into instruction for the gifted and talented.
- Identify issues surrounding gifted and talented identification and programs for culturally diverse students and students from economically disadvantaged populations.
Communication and Collaborative Partnerships
- Identify counseling strategies to support personal and social needs of gifted and talented learners.
- Identify strategies to communicate with parents and teachers of gifted and talented learners.
- Identify community resources to develop partnerships.
Overview of Gifted and Talented Education
- Compare definitions and theories of the gifted and talented.
- Identify characteristics of gifted and talented learners.
- Identify characteristics of effective educators of gifted and talented learners.
- Analyze options for supporting gifted and talented learners.
- Explain the implications of the response to intervention framework for services to support gifted and talented learners.
Teaching Strategies for Gifted and Talented Learners
- Differentiate instruction for gifted and talented learners.
- Develop activities that foster higher-level thinking skills.
- Design support for the affective development of gifted and talented learners.
- Align instructional practices to national standards.
- Identify appropriate assessment strategies for gifted and talented learners.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.