gft505 | Graduate
Critical Thinking Skills For Gifted And Talented Learners
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Critical Thinking: Instructional Strategies for Gifted and Talented Learners
- Describe an educational environment that encourages critical thinking dispositions.
- Analyze teaching strategies that cultivate creativity alongside critical thinking.
- Identify approaches to teaching analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Describe specific instructional strategies that foster critical thinking.
Critical Thinking: Twice Exceptional Learners
- Describe the characteristics of twice exceptional learners.
- Identify guiding principles of curriculum development for twice exceptional learners.
- Create instructional strategies to enrich critical thinking in twice exceptional learners.
- Identify ways to overcome challenges in teaching critical thinking to twice exceptional learners.
Critical Thinking: Beyond the Classroom
- Evaluate methods of integrating critical thinking across the curriculum.
- Plan a schoolwide program that supports critical thinking.
- Propose ways to encourage families to foster critical thinking at home.
- Identify ways to use technology to support critical thinking in and beyond the classroom.
Critical Thinking: Overview of Gifted and Talented Learners; Teaching and Assessment Methods for Gifted and Talented Learners
- Identify gifted education programming standards and curriculum models.
- Analyze the teaching and assessment implications of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) on gifted education.
- Describe critical thinking theories and new developments in improving studentsâ thinking.
- Analyze the influence of problem-based and project-based learning on the development of critical thinking skills.
- Describe methods for differentiating the process of learning for gifted learners.
- Support the case for developing research skills in gifted and talented learners.
- Identify methods of assessing critical thinking skills in gifted and talented learners.
- Describe the characteristics of gifted and talented learners.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.