ghs583 | Graduate
Multi-disciplinary Global And Homeland Security Issues
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Constitutional Issues and Critical Incidents
- Explain the constitutional issues related to civil liberties and homeland security.
- Explain ethical dilemmas of profiling related to terrorism and critical incidents.
- Assess how government data mining is used in investigation and prevention strategies.
Border Security and Global Immigration Control
- Determine transnational public safety issues relating to border security and global immigration control.
- Describe how international trade agreements affect border security.
- Assess the cooperative border security efforts between Mexico and the United States.
- Explain how immigration affects various levels of the U.S. economy.
Planning for the Prevention of Critical Incidents
- Describe the challenges faced by regional and local agencies.
- Explain the roles of various government agencies and private sector organizations.
- Apply risk assessment processes.
- Describe how different types of intelligence are gathered and used.
- Explain information security issues that affect communication between intelligence, security, and law enforcement organizations.
Coordinating Emergency Management Response Efforts
- Explain roles of government and the private sector in response to critical incidents.
- Explain technology issues related to interagency cooperation and interoperability.
- Evaluate responses to critical incidents.
Post-Incident Psychological and Sociological Effects
- Describe the short-term and long-term psychological and sociological effects of terrorist acts and critical incidents.
- Describe how terrorist acts and critical incidents may contribute to radicalization.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.