ghs593 | Graduate
Critical Infrastructure Analysis And Protection
This course focuses on systems analysis in the context of critical infrastructure protection. The course provides a strategic perspective of the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) efforts in the United States. This includes preparation and response to critical events. Practical approaches to CIP are considered including threat assessment and vulnerability identification. Risk assessment methodologies, physical protection system design, cybersecurity, and emergency response protocols are also discussed
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Threat Assessment and Vulnerability Identification
- Compare threat assessment and vulnerability identification in critical infrastructure protection.
- Describe the importance of SCADA system protection.
- Perform a threat assessment of a critical infrastructure node.
- Explain the methods used to score a critical infrastructure for vulnerability.
Risk Assessment Methodologies
- Describe risk assessment methodologies.
- Analyze various risk assessment methodologies.
Physical Protection System Designs
- Describe SCADA system protection design.
- Design a physical protection system plan.
Cyber Security and Infrastructure Concerns
- Analyze threats to private industry computer network systems.
- Analyze possible threats to federal government computer systems.
- Describe possible cyber threats to banking systems.
Critical Infrastructure Emergency Response Protocols
- Analyze an emergency response protocol.
- Develop an emergency response protocol.
Preparing for Events Affecting Critical Infrastructure
- Describe joint agency preparation and joint agency training.
- Assess critical infrastructure protection curriculum for training community leaders.
- Explain the importance of business continuity planning.
- Describe the importance of working with public agencies and the community to protect critical infrastructure.
- Analyze how private and public agencies collaborate to protect critical infrastructure.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.