hca210c | undergraduate
Introduction To Health Care
This undergraduate-level course is 9 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Major Health Care Providers
- Identify education, licensure, and certification requirements for major health care providers.
- Identify health care delivery providers that are involved in direct care.
Technology in Health Care
- Describe technological advances on health care.
- Explain how electronic health records affect health care delivery.
Future Trends and Global Impact of Health Care
- Identify future trends in health care.
- Describe the global influence on health care.
Introduction to University Resources
- Identify university resources that support student success.
History and Overview of the U.S. Health Care System
- Describe major historical events that have influenced the evolution of health care delivery in the United States.
- Describe how demographic factors contribute to the delivery of health care in the United States.
- Describe the continuum of the health care workforce.
- Identify ancillary services that support the health care industry.
The Business of Health Care
- Describe major business functions of the health care industry.
- Identify key management roles and functions.
Public Health and the Community
- Define public health.
- Describe the role and function of health care in the community.
Economic Costs of Health Care
- Identify the payers involved in the health care system.
- Explain the economic causes of health care spending and costs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.