hci500 | Graduate
Concepts Of Health Care Informatics
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Trends and Issues in Health Informatics
- Determine the effects of federal mandates and regulations on health systems.
- Identify threats and safeguards for electronic information.
Moving Forward With Health Information Technology
- Describe the increasing role of technology in the health care environment.
- Assess professional informatics organizations.
Health Information Management
- Compare administrative and clinical health information systems.
- Explain the importance of databases in informatics.
- Explain the relationship between health databases and health quality reporting.
- Determine the effects of information on decision making.
History and Development of Health Informatics
- Identify the historical foundations of informatics.
- Compare roles and responsibilities in a health information technology department.
- Identify the components of a health information system.
- Explain the importance of a needs assessment.
- Explain the four phases of health information technology systems.
- Describe the need for and the composition of a steering committee.
Health Information Technology System Selection
- Explain the purpose of a request for information and a request for proposal.
- Apply the health information technology system selection process.
- Apply the health information technology vendor selection process.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.